Monday, September 6, 2010

Spelling checker in Craigslist

In-spite of being a market leader in listing business, I don't think craigslist understand anything about search. People do mistake while typing search term. So now a days it is absolutely necessary to have a spelling checker and correction service along with the search. It is missing in Craigslist. I found out today when I was searching for car. I typed "toyta car". Instead of giving no results and suggesting corrected spelling, it is threw just a no result page at my face.

Now a days it is not hard to build spelling correction in the system. It is not required to build you own spelling correction system. There are lot of APIs available. BOSS API is one of the prominent one which does provide spelling correction API.

http://boss.yahooapis.com/ysearch/spelling/v1/toyta+car?appid=

No comments:

Book Promotion